Cutting Ring for Pipe Screwed Fitting made of Brass or Stainless Steel
Cutting rings made of brass or stainless steel 1.4401 (SS 316, US standard) for mounting into every pipe screwed fitting accommodating pipes dimensioned 1/16", 1/8", 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2".
General information cutting ring fittings
Gas- and water applications, chemical and petrochemical apparatus and plant construction, pharmaceutical industry, paper- and plastics industry, harbour- and Watergates, shipbuilding, aviation, offshore- plant construction, measuring and control technology, hydraulic systems with increased corrosive stress.
Cutting ring tube fittings according to EN ISO 8434-1 / DIN 2353 serve as positive and non-positive high pressure connections.
When the union nut is tightened, the hardened cutting ring tapers and cuts into the tube. A clearly visible bead is created in front of the cutting edge. For a correct seating of the cutting ring, it is important that the tube, which is cut off at right angles, lies against the cone stop.
In the final phase of the cutting process, the angle of the cutting edge causes the cutting point on the pipe to be work hardened. Due to the design of the cutting ring, the cutting depth is limited and thus prevents pipes with thin walls from being cut through.
The cutting ring screw connection can be loosened and re-installed as often as required.
1. Saw off the pipe at right angles and lightly deburr inside and out and clean it at all. Do not use pipe cutters. For thin-walled or soft tubes use a reinforcing sleeve.
2. Lubricate thread and cone of nozzle, union nut inside and cutting ring with care.
3. Put the union nut and cutting ring onto the pipe. Pay attention to the correct position of the cutting ring - otherwise incorrect assembly.
4. Turn the union nut as far as possible by hand. Mark the union nut to check the prescribed turns. Press tube into cone until stop. Tighten union nut with wrench approx. 1 turn. Tube must not rotate.
5. To check the assembly, loosen the union nut. The raised pipe material must cover the front cutting ring surface. If not, follow suit easily. Due to the resilience of the cutting ring this can still turn - no malfunction.
6. Final assembly: Mount the union nut on the connection piece until there is a noticeable increase in force. Then tighten with 1/4 - 1/2 turn (compression fitting).
Assembly of stainless steel fittings only with the aid of suitable lubricants.
For repeated assembly and disassembly there is a mounting paste on request.
Pipe outside Ø